Hey, next-door neighbors! Start Hispanic Heritage Month off right with a fresh edition of the Irving Metro Daily.
Are you a regional company owner or online marketer in Irving? Our premium regional sponsorships will keep you at the top of inboxes around town every early morning. Contact us here for the rundown.
First, today’s weather condition:
Clear throughout the day. High: 90 Low: 72.
Here are the leading stories today in Irving:
- Irving Community Television Network (ICTN) has actually been supplying the neighborhood with locally-focused material for 40 years. The station now welcomes folks to commemorate the accomplishment with its 40 For 40 Challenge. Register to walk, run, bike, skateboard or rollerblade 40 miles in between September 22 and October 31 to win a classic ICTN boodle bag. (Irving Weekly)
- Click over to the Dallas Observer to learn what supporters are doing to assist those experiencing homelessness around the county. One program, the brand-new Dallas Real Time Rapid Rehousing effort, has actually designated $70 million to position more than 2,700 citizens in helpful real estate over the next number of years. Dallas County is including $25 million from federal stimulus cash to support the efforts. (Dallas Observer)
- Discover evidence that ‘age is simply a number’ when you tune into the Dallas Golden Games, hosted by Dallas Parks & Rec. The Olympic-design competitors are open to professional athletes from the location ages 50 years or older. Check out Ron Corning’s report from the opening events the other day. (CW33 NewsRepair)
- Click the link to find what Dallas-Fort Worth stars used to the Met Gala. (D Magazine)
- Read more about what the city of Dallas and the county are going to do after a mosquito sample checked favorable for West Nile. (NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth)
Today’s Irving Daily is given you by our good friends at GoodRx — the very best method to conserve cash on your prescriptions. GoodRx assists you find the most affordable rates for medications at regional drug stores, so you’re not paying too much. Works for family pet medications too! To see just how much you can conserve, go to GoodRx.com.
Today in Irving:
- Kit: Fiesta in a Box – Irving Public Library welcomes kids to sign up and visit the library to gather a totally free activity package. (Regular library hours)
- Bowl-A-Thon – Support the Irving Schools Foundation and tear down a couple of pins at Pinstack Las Colinas. Team tickets, $200; participant tickets, $20. (6:00 PM – 9:00 PM)
- Jazz with the Suitcase Trio – Nosh and Bottle welcomes you to a totally free live music occasion including bop, swing and Latin requirements from a few of the most renowned authors. (7:00 PM – 10:00 PM)
From our sponsors — thanks for supporting regional news!
- Free Covid Testing LLC — Free Covid Testing for All – Drive Thru – 17776 Dallas Pkwy (Visit site)
- Soldiers-4-Christ Ministries International Headquarters — Helping out the homeless veteran’s and homeless individuals
- Add your company here
Now you remain in the loop and all set to begin this Wednesday! I’ll see you around. If you’re feeling these newsletters, think about bringing some good friends and next-door neighbors on board. You can send them this link to subscribe.
— Ash DeMello
About me: After composing e-commerce copy for 8 years, I’m extremely thrilled to branch off as a News Curator for Patch. If you have suggestions or ideas for an approaching Metro Daily, I’m all ears. Reach out anytime to [email protected].