NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that there was introduced to the City Board of the City of Southold, Suffolk County, New York, on the 23th day of March, 2021, a necessity for amendments to the zoning code; and
NOTICE IS HEREBY FURTHER GIVEN,, it has been introduced a Native Legislation entitled “A Native Legislation in relation to an Modification to Chapter 280, Zoning” and
NOTICE IS HEREBY FURTHER GIVEN that the City Board of the City of Southold will maintain a public listening to on the aforesaid Native Legislation at Southold City Corridor, 53095 Fundamental Highway, Southold, New York, on the 18th day of Might, 2021 at 7:01 p.m. at which era all individuals will probably be given a possibility to be heard.
The proposed Native Legislation entitled, “A Native Legislation in relation to an Modification to Chapter 280, Zoning” reads as follows:
LOCAL LAW NO. 2021
A Native Legislation entitled, “A Native Legislation in relation to an Modification to Chapter 280, Zoning”.
BE IT ENACTED by the City Board of the City of Southold as follows:
The aim of this native regulation is to handle points regarding accent leisure makes use of.
- Chapter 280 of the Code of the City of Southold is hereby amended to incorporate the underlined phrases as follows:
§ 280-13 Use rules.
In A-C, R-80, R-120, R-200 and R-400 Districts, no constructing or premises shall be used and no constructing or a part of a constructing shall be erected or altered which is organized, supposed or designed for use, in entire or partly, for any makes use of besides the next:
- Accent makes use of, restricted to the next makes use of and topic to the situations listed in § 280-15 herein:
(15) Leisure makes use of.
- Permitted leisure makes use of embody, however aren’t restricted to, makes use of equivalent to tennis courts; pickleball courts; volleyball courts; paddleball courts; basketball courts; shuffleboard courts; playgrounds; jogging; mountain climbing; outside ice skating rinks; outside skateboard/curler skate amenities; soccer, baseball, soccer taking part in fields, and the like, supplied the next standards are met:
(1) the use is accent to a neighborhood middle or different not-for-profit use;
(2) the leisure use is positioned on, or inside 200 ft of, the parcel with the precept use;
(3) the use shall be for using most of the people;
(4) the topic property on which the leisure use is to be positioned should be owned by a neighborhood middle or related not-for-profit company, or topic to a lease by the neighborhood middle or not-for-profit company for a interval of not lower than 10 years;
(5) the leisure use shall be topic to particular exception approval by the Zoning Board of Appeals;
(6) the next actions are prohibited:
- non-public occasions, leagues, non-public golf equipment, group actions, or different makes use of which exclude participation by most of the people
- the charging of a charge to be used of the power
- Retail gross sales, together with the sale of meals
- Out of doors lighting
(7) the next shall be permitted as a part of the leisure use:
- viewing stands;
If any clause, sentence, paragraph, part, or a part of this Native Legislation shall be adjudged by any courtroom of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the judgment shall not have an effect on the validity of this regulation as an entire or any half thereof aside from the half so determined to be unconstitutional or invalid.
- EFFECTIVE DATE
This Native Legislation shall take impact after submitting with the Secretary of State as supplied by regulation.